Thursday, 7 June 2018

A life in an informal settlement

A Day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement Today I was walking to school. It was raining hard, when I got to school it like everyday was crowded, noisy and hard to get attention. At school I went to the toilet and it was dirty, I was lucky because I nearly fell in.At lunch time I was so hungry, I had nothing to eat. It was a very long day at school. As I was walking home I was very tired. It was still raining very hard, when I got home I took a nap. Then, all of a sudden I was woken up by my mom. She said there was a flood, I did not know what was going on. So I grabbed as much as I could and ran out. While I was running to safety I stepped on something sharp and it cut me, I was in pain. I went as fast as I could with my sore foot, finally I made it to land. We lost nearly everything, it was late and theses 3 vans came and put up a tent, they came with food, water, blankets and clothes.They also gave us some iron to rebuild our house. After the flood ended my mom took me to the hospital and it got much better. We lived a better life from then on.

2 comments: